National Sleep Awareness week begins on Monday! We don’t always think about it, but getting enough sleep is crucial to good health. Here’s some tips for better sleep so you can rest easy!
- The Mayo Clinic advises making a sleep schedule, where you have a set time for going to bed and waking up. Once you get used to it, you’ll likely sleep much better at night.
- Skip the caffeine before bed. Instead, try a relaxing cup of tea (just make sure to check the label to ensure you’ve made a caffeine-free choice!)
- Get active! Exercising during the day helps you rest better at night. And that’s not even mentioning the many other benefits of exercise, like burning calories! Click here to find info on some good workouts.
- Turn off your devices before bed—the light that comes from phones, tablets, and TVs can keep you up.
- If you’ve tried everything and it still feels like you can’t sleep well, visit your doctor. They may be able to help you find the root of the issue. They can also refer you to a sleep specialist who can diagnose sleeping disorders [new HP term]
Nothing feels better than a good night’s sleep. Take some time this week to ensure that you have sweet dreams!